YamiPod is a freeware application to efficiently manage your iPod on Linux. It can be run directly from your iPod and needs no installation. It also has extra features such as rss news and podcast support, remove duplicates, easy notes editor (with multipage support), songs synchronization, playlists export, a built in music player and much more. It has been translated in 12 languages.
On Linux, the installation is really simple:
- have at least one song on iPod
- copy the libfmodex audio library to /usr/lib (you need root privileges). You’ll find this file in the package you’ve downloaded
- mount your iPod somewhere inside /mnt or /media with read/write access
- make sure you have the df command installed, which is usually part of any standard linux distribution.
To run YamiPod just double-click on YamiPod’s binary.
Using YamiPod is also so simple when you want to Copy Music to iPod: Drag&drop files into the song listbox. You can even drag and drop folders, YamiPod will add all valid music files found in sub folders.
In the window that will appear you’ll be able to assign song information (title,album name, artist…) for each single file or setting them for every file ticking the All checkboxes.
In Playlist tab you can select:
- Destination: select a playlist where to add all dragged songs.
- Lyric filename: how lyric should be named.
- Create playlist from folder: this will add all songs in a folder to a playlist named as the folder. For example if you dragged a folder called Music with 2 subfolders: 70′s and 80′s containing various files. Files in 70′s will be added to a newly created folder called 70′s. Files in the other folder will be added to a playlist called 80′s.
In Advanced tab you can select:
- Auto capital first letter: will titlecase all song tags.
- If duplicated: what to do if song exists on iPod.
- Get song info by path and filename: if your song tags are missing but you named and placed your song following a particular order, you can tell YamiPod to get song tags out of filename a path.
Holding SHIFT while dragging will add songs to currently selected playlist. If you’ve selected multiple songs to add you can quickly edit next (previous) song information by pressing ALT+down (up).
Seguimi sui social per essere sempre aggiornato sulle mie attività!
Iscriviti alla Newsletter
Riceverai una mail ad ogni post pubblicato